Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Dear Baby

Dear Baby Gabriel,

Your arrival is getting close! At 37 weeks pregnant, I am now more desperate than ever to meet you. Some days it feels like you are coming so quickly and then other times I'm afraid that you'll never come.

Although I have seen your sweet face in several ultrasounds---I get to hear your heartbeat at the doctor's office---I feel you move day and night---I am now ready to really meet you.

Your room is ready. Our bags are packed. We're set. I hope that you are too.

Thank you for being such a good baby this far. Your dad and I talk all the time about how we hope this behavior continues. You seem to have such a good disposition, and besides being uncooperative during medical exams and squirmy when you want mommy to eat, you are such a compliant and easy baby. In fact, up until the last six weeks or so, I felt like this whole process was incredibly easy. Thank you for that.

But now, I am getting tired, and some days I am very tired.

So your dad and I ask that you please not take your time in getting here. We are so eager for your arrival. We pray for you and are so excited, although to be honest a little nervous, to see you.

Love,
Mom

2 comments:

  1. Dear Gabriel,

    This is your father.

    I second this request.

    Sincerely,

    Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Gabriel,

    Thank you for getting a move on.

    Love,

    Andrew

    ReplyDelete