Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Letter

Being newly married was an amazing experience for me. Remember how I don't like change. Well, this change seemed to suit me very well. You would have thought that my husband and I had been living together for years. And we hadn't---we hadn't lived together at all. I had lived at home with my parents and he had only moved out a year prior. We shouldn't be good at this, but we were. We didn't fight over the toothpaste. We didn't fight over sharing covers in bed. We didn't fight about the toilet seat. We didn't fight about any of the things that couples debate in the early weeks/months of marriage.

We had one issue. Not an issue between us, but an issue all the same. It was a big issue to grapple with. It wasn't anything that was fair in the first weeks of newlywed-dom.

It was a letter. I didn't write it. Neither did he.

KEGO

No comments:

Post a Comment